Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy Birthday!!

I just celebrated my 31st birthday so of course I had to do a manicure with "Happy Birthday" by Deborah Lippmann! I decided to do a reverse gradient glitter manicure over "Super Bossa Nova" by Essie. I love how it turned out and it's the perfect manicure for a birthday or any time!


"Happy Birthday" by Deborah Lippmann is a super colorful glitter in a clear base, I love all the shapes and color of glitter! "Super Bossa Nova" by Essie is a beautiful bright pink with a fuchsia shimmer.

I started with two coats of "Super Bossa Nova" by Essie, with a base coat under and no top coat. See below.


After the Essie was dry, I started to add the glitter "Happy Birthday" by Deborah Lippmann in layers.  I started by putting a dollop on the very bottom of my nail and carefully spreading it around, not going above the middle of the nail. After the first layer was dry, I added another layer to really cover up the lower 1/3 of the nail, and let that dry. Finally, I went in and touched up any areas in the lower 1/4 of the nail making sure it was covered solid with glitter. After all the glitter was dry, I covered it with a top coat as seen below! This picture was taken in indirect sun light.


This picture was taken in indirect artificial light. This picture makes the pink look more coral/red but it's really bright pink! Refer to the first picture of the Essie polish alone above.
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment