Monday, March 5, 2012

China Glaze Magnetix Review



Above is the new China Glaze Magnetix in "Attraction" and "Drawn To You". These are my first magnetic polish's, so I was really excited to try them out. I've seen another brand at the drug store and Sephora and was really tempted to get it, but never did. Then China Glaze came out with Magnetix and I got them as soon as I saw them, fresh out of the delivery box at Sally's. They have six colors total, but staying true to my love for purple and metallic these were the obvious choices for me. The purple is a really pretty color with a pink shimmer and photographs well. The charcoal color looks pretty on, but doesn't photograph as well, so I would say my preference is definitely the purple "Drawn To You".  

This polish definitely takes some practice, it took me a few times on my first nail until I got the design on there. I tried all 3 designs that the polish offers, but only liked how the vertical stripes turned out on my nails. The star was very blurry and the "V" shape didn't look good on my nails because I have thin nail beds, but that magnet worked better than the star. I was really bummed out that the star magnet didn't work as well as I wanted it to because it has potential to make a really cool design.

A couple of TIPS:
  • Be careful not to hit the polish with the magnet,  I did that a few times and had to re-do it. So make sure you place the magnet over the polish so that you can see how close it is to the polish.
  • Work fast! For best results get the magnet on there right away or it won't work.
  • You can get away with just one coat but a good trick if the first design doesn't look like you want, add a quick second coat and you can try again.

    Above is the bottle of "Drawn To You" by China Glaze Magnetix.


    Above is the bottle of "Attraction" by China Glaze Magnetix.


I love this photo because the magnet effect almost makes my nails look 3D.

Overall, I enjoyed using the China Glaze Magnetix and like how my nails look. It was definitely fun and something different. :)

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment